Pages of My Dairy -Making of Confessionz of a Closet.... on my favourite Fashionista..Bodyguard..Ganpatii..n more..

Thursday, September 1, 2011
Today's post is very special to Me.. not because its my Birthday.. but, because it was Eid yesterday..Bodyguard released and its Ganpatii.. and the big secret is out now..



And also what m gonna write today is sumthing that i have been dying to share from months.. like....

*Who is my favourite Fashionista?

*Why a sudden career change?


*What inspired Me ?


 And a MORE..

Making of  Confessionz of a Closet-




cfc..my baby..!! :-*

 The Answer is.. exactly a year n a half back.. a mass com. student moved to Mumbai from Delhi.. to make it big..She met a lot of ppl ..Good and Bad.. Her passion for Clothes and Fashion made her popular among her frnds n colleagues .. her ability to recognize best from scrap made her the the best shopping guide.. from Lokhandwala to Collaba ..she knew the best shops..and bought the most amazing clothes in cheap n best deals.... The stress of work n deadlines started taking over her passion.. and to add to her miseries she got conjunctivitis (damn Mumbai  monsoon).. but she didn't give up.. from a publicist she went to bcum  a Celebrity Manager..   But she wasn't happy at all..coz the stress ws taking over her..and the Fashionista ws dying..  and one fine day.. she decided to quit a job.. to her rescue a frnd (who is a Casting director )offered her a lillal appearance in the Salman Khan starrer BODYGUARD..to play one of Kareena's frnd..







pic from a Mumbai's daily,(from L-R) Shaily, Salman and ,Sidique sir(the Hello! hello! scene..)
And Kareena being her favourite Fashionista and Salman on the sets made her write a resignation over nite.. saying bye to mumbai and Hi! to Pune for 15 days shoot .. where She got time to think.. think ..n think..and after 15 days of thinking she come to a conclusion that..she has to do something in Fashion(why and how.. lets find out)..That She is ME.. -Shaily

 


Bodyguard-












  










The stylist who styled Pamela Anderson for Bigboss-4 .. gave me clothes that I wud never wear personally..not suiting my body-type or personality.. see the pic above fr the reference.. i ws dressed in a dress that ws too big for my size.. a denim jacket to hide the design(only gud thing about that dress) a taveez in my neck(yuck!!).. a brown tote(only gud thing about my bad costume) a white pair of gladiator(too big for my feet,it was a struggle to wear them)n to top it all a pony tail to tie my tresses.. not realizing that I have a round face.. making me look a perfect example of BTM(Behanji turned Modern) ,like a nightmare.. i have never dressed so bad ever.. that made it all the more obvious that I have to do something in Fashion..





in the vanity.. before the disastrous pony- tail n taveez
 And  that's how months later I came up wid "Confessionz of a Closet".-
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Confessionz-of-a-Closet/264495290245359

 p.s.- i kept hiding my face through out my scenes out off embarrassment ..


Kareena-


Spending time on the sets wid my  favourite ..Fashionista around  inspired me even more.. the Punjabi factor made me  relate and connect wid her   .. real her ws so like real me i realized..like her personal style too is Boho..- tunic tops n denims wid fit-flops..and what really got me thinking ws how sumone wearing Indian ethnic.. in a total desi outfit can look so amazingly gorgeous n fashionable at the same time.. she made look kurtis and salwars wid jhola bags so trendy..that inspired me even more coz  i too club my tunics and mom's old straight salwar wid duppats for family dinners..gatherings , parties ,premiers, college, etc.,..




Kareena's look in bodyguard..(PIc from PinkVilla.com)





Desi Me..for a family dinner..





Me n Joyeeta Mitra(senior correspondent Star News), on the premier oh Hum Dono Rangeen..


coz we being Indian's dont realize we have an advantage of clubbing Desi wid western and create sumthing new.. no one in the world can do that..

  A T-shirt wid  patiyala salwar can only be worn here n which also  became  a style statement among young girls n teenagers .. ( remember Kareena from Jab We Met) thats how i dress-up for night..


Ganpati-
Today on the auspicious occasion of Ganpati.. i suggest all my Fashionista's to Go desi.. wid a hint of western.. 



Ganpatti Bappa Moriya..me posing after the ganpatii aarti..(kutri W, salwar-mom's old..footwear-kolahpuri's from GK,M block mrkt, bangles-lajpat nagar mrkt, mobile holder-gift..)


With this.. signing  off for the day..  Blessing and Wishes .. Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to all.. Ganpatii bappa Moriya..!! 




                                                     &

  Till my next update.. do it as-   Coco Chanel, “I don't do fashion, I am fashion.”

                                                              XOXO -  Shaily