Blogger Confession- Neon Green Sari with a Twist..

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Okay ..I have a honest confession here.. I have been dreaming about this whole Outfit since I saw a celebrity wearing a similar Sari at a recent event .. so this OOTD Post is inspired from that pic (not copied)
I am a big FAN of Saris .... and  My MOM is a typical Sikhni and ONLY wears Salwar suits to all the weddings and other occasions.. so there was no hope and source of wearing Sari at home .. But as a kid.. I enjoyed playing leads in almost all the Costume Dramas in school  because of my super amazingly, lustrous ,long curly locks and a Face that reminded my teachers of some Goddess or Princess evrytime they were casting for a role.. that's how I wore those Banarsis , Kangivarams , Patolas.. for school dramas.. (mind it .. all these saris were arranged by my teachers.. some of them even were their own.. coz my mom doesn't wear them)  and then obviously on Teacher's Day and Farewell..(again had to borrow from my cousin and auntie )

But just a few days ago ..In a raid of my Mom's closet I found this Sari ..which was a gift..and had been laying there for years.. and here it is now.. Draped on Me *__^ I wore this Neon Green Sari with a Twist.. I combined it with a Sheer Blue Shirt (as a Blouse) to Color-Block ,traditional Golden jewelry and a side waterfall braid..










[ I am wearing- Sari: Mom's ; Blouse/Shirt- Thrifted ; Watch- Aldo ; Bangles-G.K ; Cuff- Splash ; Ring-Forever21 ; Earrings - Forever21 ..]

Outfit Inspiration --






P.S.- Feel free to share your opinion in the comment box below..as this outfit was a BIG Experiment..


( I participated in a styling Contest organised by Wills Lifestyle.. click HERE
to visit the page.. if you like my work then hit the like button to show your support.. Thanks *__* )






Love..
Shaily