Monday, August 29, 2011

My Weekend Diary..Confessionz of a Shopaholic on Shopping,sketching,lazying around..and more..

Just the third day of my blog..n i went out of ideas..a break on Sunday..finally made me realize..what was going wrong..It was my first time ever-"Writers Block" :p . I had nothing to share :(.. Somebody who was blooming with ideas even weeks before blogging had nothing to tell :(
But then I sat and thought .. wondering what made me do all this.. what drives me so crazy about clothes,shoes,bags.. that i started blogging ..had a Carrer Change.. and  Masters in Fashion.. what is that?

 Just than.. the answer came from within.. Its that Rush I feel when i buy a new Dress..Bag,or Shoe..
And once..the money is paid/card is swapped..the high i feel for  that moment is unexplainable .. The feeling is just out of the world..



look at that expression..that says,"yes, this all belong to ME".. Priceless(only for that moment)


Its like a Guilty Pleasure.. You hate it later like you have loved it..
And then I read something that made it even more obvious what was lacking..

"I love new clothes. If everyone could just wear new clothes everyday, I reckon depression wouldn’t exist anymore." - Sophie Kinsella (Confessions of a Shopaholic)



                                                       Yes.. I had to go shopping.. : D




As i touched the new fabric..smelled the fresh leather.. felt the softness of my new quilted bag ..I could Finally write and today's blog finally happened.. (which was like a tough homework assignment on Saturday.. lol)

So what did I shop..



A Ink Blue Shrug that I picked from Shoppers Stop..the chiffon makes it formal with a brioche and casual wid a tank-top(only for Rs 299)








My New Skagen wrist watch..(mine is without the diamonds :( but i love it.. its sleek n light than the Guess one i have)Price-priceless..its a gift ^_^






And then arrived a courier.. and made my day..I ordered this bag from Cupidity a week ago(only for Rs999+shipping)..- http://www.facebook.com/#!/cupiditybags
THE BIG SECRET:- It's very natural for women to love to shop and men to hate it because of our evolutionary past.
Men were the hunters in our ancestral cultures, so when they find a satisfactory specimen, whether it's an elk or a pair of shoes, they want to shoot it and get out before it gets away.
And ..also -"If men liked shopping, they'd call it research. " ~Cynthia Nelms


How boaring.. anyhow lets talk about us.. 

Women, by contrast, were the primary gatherers in early hunter-gatherer cultures, so they feel a need to check every berry on the bush to make sure they're getting the best deal.
That's why, during this holiday season, you're likely to see a lot of men cooling their heels, and a lot of women shopping until they drop. It's mandated (or should we say human-dated) by the evolutionary progress that guided us out of the woods and into the mall.
 Also, every women shops for satisfaction.. and the reason could be anything like to make that neighbor jealous..to know the latest trend..to rejuvenate..to forget their worries.. or someone just like me need not know the reason to shop sometimes.. because I believe, "Every shopping has a reason.. and every outfit has a story..its a mystery and we being women are on a mission it find it and solve .."-Shaily Khera
 As , the women, it seems, had gone gathering, and the men, of course, had gone hunting, culturally speaking. Surely, he thought, there must be a deeply rooted reason why girls are so different from boys, even when it comes to shopping.
Tip for men.. Always remember-
"When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping.  Men invade another country.  It's a whole different way of thinking.  "~Elayne Boosler

              And that's not it....There was more to my Weekend..




And there was some sketching n designing that happened..


I am sure lot of you identify with my today's Blog.. n most of you have got The Answer to The Question..that drove me to write today's Blog..Its something that we all know and relate..but never really gave a thought about it..Hope it helped my Fashionistas find The  Big  Answer.. which has deep rooted reason.. Beacuse-" Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.  ~Bo Derek : D  ^_^


That's it for the day Fashionistas .. and till my next update.. do it as-   Coco Chanel, “I don't do fashion, I am fashion.”


                                                              XOXO -  Shaily