Giving Gift Cards for Christmas

Sunday, August 8, 2010
Christmas in the post-War United StatesImage via Wikipedia
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I can hardly believe that it's only four months away. Where has the year gone?? I'll be ready to listen to Christmas music right after Halloween. Yes, I know that's a little early for some, but not me. I think this year I'm going to make the shopping part of the holiday season easier on myself and purchase mall  gift cards. It's so hard to know what to buy someone. Some people are easy to buy for and some have everything, and some you just don't know their likes or dislikes. This way they can buy something that maybe they normally wouldn't get for themselves because they just didn't want to spend the money on it and now they can!

A fun way to give a gift card is to put it into a puzzle game box that's made for gift cards. They have to play the game to get the card released. These usually come with directions on how to get the card out and if all else fails, get a hammer...just kidding!!

If  it's for young girls, you could tuck it into a small purse or wallet for the men. Tuck it into the sleeve of a candy bar for those who love chocolate. You could include it with a special ornament for the recipient and every year when it's time to bring out the decorations, they will think of you when they see the ornament.

You could put one inside a pair of cute little Christmas socks or mittens.

I'm sure there are so many more ways to get creative with giving gift cards. I guess it just depends on what type or what theme the gift card is...say for instance a restaurant gift card, movie gift card, Starbuck's gift card, gas card, store card, etc. Just go with the theme.

Yes, it's a busy and stressful time of the year and if this can make my life a little easier, I'm all for it!! How about you?
Enhanced by Zemanta