Happy Accident

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We have a saying in the artistic world, "Happy Accidents".  That's when something unplanned and often times destructive happens to a work in progress and turns out to be a cool thing.  Today I spotted a group of Ranunuculus in a planter bed.  I grabbed my camera and looked for a good shot.  When I checked my image it was blurred.  I thought it was out of focus due to being too close to the subject.  I took another shot from farther away and it was still blurred.  Boy was I bummed.  Then I looked at the lense and discovered a greasy fingerprint right in the middle.  But when I looked closely at the photo I liked the soft edges created by the dirty lense.  You just never know when something will happen that works out.

"Happy Accident"    © Kathy Dunham 2010